Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Philosophies

About a month ago I met up with an old high school friend in Berkeley. She started talking to me about how her political views had shifted. Once she considered herself a fairly far-left leaning liberal, but after attending college at Berkeley and being around students and residents, she just became a regular liberal.

When I talk to my best friend on the phone, I tell her that I now know that the hippies up here differ from the hippies down in Los Angeles. Actually, I don't even think Angeleno "hippies" can be classified as hippies.

After hanging out with some classmates tonight, I felt like I was the most conservative person there, even though I know I'm not. I guess my "materialistic" outlook on Birckenstock's (I associated these shoes with lazy, and poorly dressed people) gave it away that I was not a "Nor Cal" resident. Birkenstock's are just okay, and are not terribly comfortable.

I miss Los Angeles, and I miss Patrick. I just want to go home already.

No comments: