Friday, December 26, 2008

Holidays with the Family

My visits to Los Angeles have typically involved spending copious amounts of time with Patrick. However, I try to squeeze in a visit to my parents when I am in town, but I usually do not stay with them, even during the holidays.

This year I spent a prolonged period at home, meaning I have spent more than just one night here at my parents house. For the first time in my life, I finally realized that I really moved out of my parents house, that this place in Monterey Park is no longer home. My life truly was centered around West Los Angeles and Santa Monica. I still sort of feel that way.

This was the first time that Christmas that we did not open presents at midnight, with my sister and Ray, as well as having a Christmas tree. My parents home was flooded with a faulty sprinkler system on my birthday, where I also witnessed a loss to USC at the Rose Bowl. Such is life. I suppose this holiday season felt the most barren in years because of there really was no spirit. This is not to say that it was a bad Christmas, it just didn't feel like it. Maybe next year.

With all that said, Christmas dinner was still delicious, and I got to be with my family. I also got to see my friends this past weekend. So, all in all, it has been good.

No comments: