Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Break

Determined to continue my journey of going somewhere I had never been before, I set off to Albuquerque, New Mexico. There I arrived, visiting my old roomate from college and her fiance. I also got the chance to go to Santa Fe, which was nice. Surprisingly, I enjoyed Albuquerque more so than Santa Fe, and I want to try to make it back out this summer.

If you ever get the chance to travel out to New Mexico, you must try to the sopaipilla. They are usually served with the meal, or as a meal, stuffed with other food. New Mexican cuisine is subtly different from regular Mexican cuisine. Green chili is a big part of their food. Anyway, all the salsas I had in Albuquerque and Santa Fe was the best, hands down. Better than any I have had here in California (including San Diego, which most of the food is really Tex-Mex).

I had a great vacation, if you're wondering.

No comments: